2011 Master’s Project ¶
UPDATE: NOVEMBER 27, 2011
Okay, guys. I know I didn’t update this at all during the course of the fall semester.
I apologize! Really. I thought this thesis would be easy to track and chronicle – as evidenced by the syllabus I myself drafted – but as life happened, it got to the point where a lot of the legwork was done within a week before it was due.
So here’s some details for you!:
- I changed the title from Privileged to Looking Back at Lourdes; it was originally going to be a narrative but instead morphed into a collection of short, illustrated vignettes.
- The EPUB is currently about 130 pages, including front matter, body material, and back matter.
- Images are formatted at 1125×1875 pixels (specialized for the Nook Color).
- I tested the EPUB in Adobe Digital Editions, though it looks really great on the iPad and Nook Color. Not too shabby on iPhone, but you need the screen real estate.
- After a disastrous attempt in handcoding the EPUB from scratch, I used Sigil to compile the 200+ files for the base EPUB file.
Here are some screencaps:
Right now my biggest concern is metadata, so I have some tweaking to do this week! Also will be scheduling my defense soon, so I’ll keep you guys posted!